THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Monday, August 30, 2010

Calling On My Favorite Blogs...

OK so you know who you are..I do not need to name names! So our Battalion is gearing up for yet another deployment and I have been asked personally to chip in with some Family Readiness stuff and of course I am all in. It will be nice to help out and give me something to do while I figure out what my new life direction is going to be...actually this will be part of it. I want to take some of the energy I used to direct toward my sons needs and re-direct to our battalions family readiness. I have already met our Family Readiness Officer, she is a fellow Marine spouse and I think we are on the same page and want to move in the same direction with how exactly we envision getting our ladies ready and motivated up and through our upcoming deployment, I know I said ladies, it's an Infantry Battalion so we have no male spouses.
So we were thinking about our Newsletter. I proposed to work on a portion of the newsletter that would point wives in the direction of the blogosphere and social networking sites that will offer up "positive" help in dealing with deployment and other things milspouse friendly. I would also like to highlight our spouses own blogs with a "blog roll" and highlight maybe one spouse blog entry a newsletter or maybe more than one if we have a lot of wives blogging. What I would also like to do is from time to time introduce the wives to some of your blogs, of course I would never do that without asking your permission in advance but I read some great stuff and I want to share.
I think a lot of times some of the newsletters I have seen are really out of touch with what is going on with the military spouse, and social networking in general. I want to highlight the positive aspect of this because I know there are a lot of blogs out there that are less than supportive. A lot of our spouses will be dealing with their very first combat deployment, as most of you know it never gets easier but the first one is hard, not having any idea what to expect. I think I have a great bunch of blog friends and I think you could all help so much.
So wish me luck with my new project...and I look forward to introducing the ladies from our battalion to some of you!

12 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

What a great idea!

Amy said...

Let me know if you need me for anything! I'm in and out right now with everything going on but I love to help out other spouses :)

LindseyEveryday said...

I love this idea! I use my blog to vent almost daily, so if other ladies can do so as well or just simply read blogs and relax that is awesome!! : ) I can't wait to read the features.

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

What a great idea :) I love it...what a blessing you will be to your unit!

LCpl'sPrincess said...

wonderful idea! and you know you wouldnt want your ladies experiencing what you and i experienced on a certain site, the fact that it will be SUPPORTIVE is so key!

USMCWIFE said...

Thanks ladies, I appriciate all your support. I will be sending the ladies all your way. I think we all have something to contribute and Lcpl Princess the site you speak of will never get my endorsement.

ines said...

great idea!

Unknown said...

Fabulous Idea.

It's Something Beautiful said...

Hello! I'm new to your blog :) I just saw this post and wanted to say how awesome I think it is that your doing this. As many people said in the comments its a great idea - let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Best of luck!

www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com

USMCWIFE said...

Yhanks ladies!! Can't wait to get this off the ground. This week lot's of family readiness training, it's been fun getting to meet some of the spouses.

Brie said...

That sounds like a great idea, Heidi! Alas, I shouldn't offer up my blog because I don't much write about the USMC as much as the baby and other things, but it's a good idea nevertheless!

USMCWIFE said...

Brie,thanks but it will be mostly great post by great woman that are dealing with things we all deal with..babies is definitly one of them, so don't be surprised if I write for permission to use one of your great post!