THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Friday, August 27, 2010

Official Midshipmen

Well yesterday we went to see our son get sworn in as a Midshipmen in the Arizona State University N.R.O.T.C. Program. It was amazing and we couldn't have been more proud. This is something my son has been talking about since he was in middle school, it was a single minded goal that he worked hard for every day of the last 5 years. Yesterday we watched him take the oath, and officially start his long journey to becoming a Commissioned Officer in the United States Marine Corps. It was definitely a very emotional day for all of us but it was all good.

Capt. Borland reciting the Oath.

Our son in the maroon, pretty obvious he is the Marine Option in this picture (lol)

Swearing his Oath.


Michael's suite mates in order, Patrick, Michael, Doug and Jimmy. They skipped class to come to support Michael, I was very moved by it and I am sure it meant the world to Michael. By the way, what a good looking group of young men!



The Marine on the left was one of my hubs MSG's in Africa, he watched Michael grow into the young man he is now. We were thrilled he could attend and this is him, Michael and Greg, I don't think I have ever seen my hubs so proud.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to him and you and the family. What a great son you have.

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

Oh my...I could feel the emotions through the words and pictures. What an awesome day...thanks for sharing!

USMCWIFE said...

Thanks ladies..Nadine your the best, thanks for always cheering on my boy!! Can't wait to see some pics of your handsome guys this year.

Sespi said...

Awww, how neat! Congratulations again :)

Jenifer said...

That is very cool. That is a very proud dad

USMCWIFE said...

Thanks ladies, yes Jenifer his dad was very proud, it was a very special moment for the 2 of them.