THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Taking Son to College

Ok, so today is the day we drive up to Tempe to take our only child off to college. It is going to be a really emotional weekend and it will be tough but I will just have to be tougher. Before we go I want to show you something my son showed me yesterday from one of his favorite comic strips, Terminal Lance. I am not sure if the kid who creates these strips loves or hates the Marine Corps but I would like to think he does and honestly his strips are hilarious. I was not offended by this comic strip because this is not a "stereotype" I identify with but I must admit I have known a few "mil-spouses" that do, but this depiction is more the exception and not the rule.



4 comments:

ines said...

love that comic strip!...DH and I couldn't stop laughing.

G'luck to your son and I hope you day wont be "rough".

Paula said...

That is hysterical! I love it. Unfortunately, there are more military wives like that out there than I'd like to admit.. I found plenty of them during the last deployment.

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

Sending you lots of hugs...you have my # so if you need to talk, text, whatever...use it!

That strip is hilarious, thanks for sharing it!

USMCWIFE said...

LOL, I am so happy you all share my sense of humor LOL...yes I think it is safe to say we have all encountered this person. Right now we are in our hotel in Tempe, the last night for awhile that I know my son is sleeping under the same roof as me. I am going to stay up just to watch him sleep, I am so going to miss this kid. I appriciate you all so much you have no idea..thanks!