THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Friday, August 27, 2010

Milspouse Friday Fill In #10

 

1. What secret indulgence do you act on while your spouse is away? (from Devil Dog Darling)  Hmm..not sure if it is an indulgence but I go on nutrisystem.  Ya, I know it isn't indulgent in taste but it's expensive and when hubs is gone I can do it without it breaking our bank and since this time it will just be me it will be even cheaper.  It's a great way for me to get back to eating right and the food isn't horrible, and it really makes me feel better.  I am a "happy" eater, and when hubs is gone I am not too worried about eating all the time.When he is home..It's a food fest, we love to eat out and go out on dates and we just enjoy life.  When he is gone I just use that time to get back in shape.  I have actually started to do that regardless because it's not healthy living the way I have the last 8 years.  I have always exercised and taken care of myself that way but not always have I made the right food choices.

2. If you were a spice, what would you be? (from New Girl On Post)  I would say vanilla, the only reason for that is because I LOVE all things vanilla, candles, perfumes and ice cream.

3. Where do you go for support when your significant other is deployed? (from Texas Meets Washington)
I have a few best friends that I rely on tons ...one is  a military spouse and one works for the State Department.  We have been through thick and thin with one another and we are always there for one another.  I also have a few great twitter friends that I know I can count on no matter what.  Our last deployment was tough and without those ladies and a gentleman...I don't know what I would have done.  It was also sharing homecomings with the ladies as each one of our spouses returned home.

4. What is the oldest thing you own? (from A Troop's Girl) I have an initial ring my mother gave me when I was 11 years old.  I still wear it every day.  And I have only had to have it resized once!  It is literally a part of my body; I don't know what I would do without it.  It's rose gold and it's just a very sentimental piece of jewelry that I love.

 

5. How did you vision your future pre-military? (from Daddy's Duty) Well growing up around the military my whole life I had a pretty good idea what life would be like.  I didn't know I would get to travel the world too.*thank you MSG Duty* and really who would have predicted 9/11 and our lives changing in a way we could never have planned for.  As Marines you deploy during peace time as well, and that is hard but there is no comparison as to when your loved one deploys to war.  So even though we had been through the separations I never thought it would be so my hubs would go fight in a war. My mother had such reservations about us girls marrying Marines, since she was a young war widow.  But she passed before 9/11 so she had no idea that we would know what it felt like. 

 

 

 

5 comments:

Veronika said...

Your ring sounds so nice! Very special that you have had it for so long!

Happy Friday!
~Veronika

Our Jeremiah 29:11 Life said...

Loved reading your answers. The NutriSystem things actually sounds like a great idea! I hate cooking just for myself...

USMCWIFE said...

Thanks Ladies!
Yes the nutrisystem saves me money and stops me from buying too much take out when hubs is gone.

LCpl'sPrincess said...

GIRRRRRRRRRRRL you know what BCT is Basic Combat Training (boot camp) its formally called BCT haha

USMCWIFE said...

LOL never heard it referred to as BCT, only on Army side.