THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Sunday, August 15, 2010

5 a.m.

Well we are here, the morning we take our boy to the dorm where he will spend the next year as a freshmen in college and a midshipmen in ROTC. All that sounds so amazing and I am so proud I could burst. Yet, here I am at 5 a.m. watching him sleeping, like a baby, still looking so young, to young to let go into the world without me. I know he's ready, I know he will be fine, but yet these are the thoughts that rule my mind this morning. Did I prepare him enough, did his dad give him all the "talks"?? Did we miss anything? Will he be ok? Will we be ok? Will we, the "three musketeers" be ok minus one? 4 hours away, seems like a thousand miles apart right now. I just want to freeze this moment because I know after today things will never be like they were before. I love this kid so much, this is harder than I anticipated and I anticipated hard. I think today after I meet the kids he will be spending the next year with and seeing where he will be living it may ease my pain a bit, knowing he will be happy makes it easier too. Another beginning not an ending, a continuation of this life and everything that is "supposed" to be happening. Life is about moving forward, and this will be tough, but I have to be tougher.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I'm not going to lie, this is hard and for me, it is still hard with number three.
I'm thinking of you today. I hope your day goes smoothly and your heart is put to ease after seeing where he'll be.