THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Monday, June 28, 2010

30 Days of Me--Day 21

Day 21--A Reciepe
Ok, so here's the deal. I do not cook, I do not enjoy cooking but as you can tell from my previous post I do enjoy eating. I can make the basics and no one in my family seems to mind and we all eat well, no one is starving and I can follow a reciepe. The one thing I do enjoy making is a breakfast casserole so here is the one I follow.

BREAKFAST CASSEROLE

1 1/2 pounds sausage
6 slices bread, cubed
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon dry mustard
4 ounces mushroom pieces, drained
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup green onion, diced

Brown sausage, drain. Layer bread in bottom of 9 x 13-inch well-greased baking pan. Sprinkle sausage over bread. Add cheese. Beat eggs and mix with remaining ingredients. Pour slowly over cheese. Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 325 F. for 45 minutes.
Note: Other ingredients may be added or substituted for the vegetables.

Serving Size: 8

Sorry I do not have a picture but trust me it taste good!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Yum! I make this too. I have made it for so many brunches I can't even count. It's yummy and easy. I especially love that you put it together the day before and just pop it in the oven in the morning.
I serve it with some kind of sweet, a muffin or breakfast cake and fruit.

Nicole said...

My mom makes this all the time..my favorite!

ines said...

yum!