THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Monday, June 21, 2010

30 Days of Me-Day 14

Day 14--Non-fiction book

This was an easy one. I picked Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell. The first chapter of this book hits you like a ton of bricks and just gets better. He is one of the many heroes from our long wars. Read it, and than read more about him. Go on line and google him and read about how some punks trespassed on to his land and killed his beloved dog. I don't think those guys realize how lucky they are to still be alive. My heart ached for him after reading about it. I believe the book is being made into a movie, but again, read the book first, you will not be disappointed.



On another note my hubs just went to check in to his new unit...the awesome "Thundering Third". I really enjoyed our 30 days of leave together but now the reality of the training cycle will start. We are still in the lodge and hopefully will find some temporary place to live this week. Our neighbors in the lodge have 2 small children and they are not happy, I can hear how unhappy they are all day..ugh. Hubs will be going by housing so I will let you all know what I know. On a happy note my son seems to be doing ok, missing his girlfriend but already out PT'ing hard and thinking about college and trying to focus on the future. Our military kids are so resilient it amazes me. Even though technically he isn't a "kid" anymore he will always be my baby.

No comments: