THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Saturday, June 5, 2010

30 Days of Me Day 2

Day 2--My favorite Movie

OK, this may prove to be a hard one. How do you pick a favorite movie from what is likely 1000's of movies I have seen. Do I go with the movie that made me laugh the most? The movie that made me the most angry? The movie that made me cry the hardest? Do I go with a documentary? Do documentaries fall under the "movie" category? Man, this is tough. Thinking back through the years there have been so many great movies. As a matter of fact I used to manage the base video store way, way back in the days. Hmmmm..should have taken more time to ponder this one. But for reasons that are more emotional than cinematic excellence I will go with...drum roll please.

GREASE




I picked this movie because it reminds me of my mom who died about 19 years ago, very young and very suddenly. I remember my mom taking me to see this movie and I really loved it so she took me to see it 3 more times that same week. As a mom now I can tell you that when your kid falls in love with a movie it is so nice to pop that DVD in the player and let them watch it to their hearts content, and wwhile they are doing that you can go clean, do laundry or cook or sit and read a book while they are indulging themselves none the wiser. My mother actually paid to take me to see that movie in the theater 4 times in the same week, and never complained. Maybe she liked it as much as I did? I don't know, I do knowit's one of my favorite memories and that is why I picked that it. What is your favorite movie?
















2 comments:

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

What a great story about your favorite movie...I love that movie too.

USMCWIFE said...

Thanks ladies!