THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Sunday, June 20, 2010

30 Days of Me--Day 11 and 13

Days 11 and 13


OK, it's time to get back into some sort of routine, as hard as it can be in the tail end of PCS I have to try to reclaim my schedule. Our Internet in our room is finally working (thank goodness) so I thought I would at least start trying to blog again. First order of business is getting back to 30 days. As I stated earlier I skipped Day 11 so I must right that wrong.


Day 11--A photo you have taken recently

OK, totally silly I know but what fun is it to get a new phone and not mess with all the cool apps. And the funny thing about this pic is my dog has a messed up eye so he is a bit of a pirate without the patch, I just gave him one! LOL Love this pic


Day 13--A Fictional book




I have read tons of books, so hard to narrow down a single one. A recent book I have read is called "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini

Here is a synopsis; An epic tale of fathers and sons, of friendship and betrayal, that takes us from Afghanistan in the final days of the monarchy to the atrocities of the present. The unforgettable, heartbreaking story of the unlikely friendship between a wealthy boy and the son of his father's servant, The Kite Runner is a beautifully crafted novel set in a country that is in the process of being destroyed. It is about the power of reading, the price of betrayal, and the possibility of redemption, and it is also about the power of fathers over sons-their love, their sacrifices, their lies.


I recommend it highly, if you have seen the movie, still get the book and read it. As most movies do it leaves out a lot of the inner thoughts and feeling of the characters. It can be a tough read but worth it. If you enjoyed the House of Sand and Fog I think you will enjoy this book.

No comments: