THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Thursday, October 28, 2010

CAX LINKS

Today I had the opportunity to attend a CAX LINKS. It is put on by MCCS for Family Readiness training and for any spouse and or family member that would like to know more about the Marine Corps. It is a great training and even if you are a seasoned spouse like myself or a brand new spouse (which it is geared toward) it is still a great place to go to meet people and you may learn something you didn't already know. CAX LINKS is not offered a lot and it's a break from the regular class room LINKS. You actually get to go out and have fun while learning the information. Our CAX was hosted by an Artillery Battery from 3/11 and it was very interesting because I didn't really know a lot about artillery except that they had big guns! Over all it was a nice day and I met some great ladies. I would recommend doing it if you haven't, I promise you, it will be worth your time.

3/11 Cannoneers

3/11 Command Center (Brains)


3/11 getting ready to fire

Climbing into the 7 tons, not as easy as it looks.


Does this flack make my butt look fat? LOL


We couldn't help but laugh.


Eating our MRE's..while the Marines ate Pizza!

This looked safe enough..


The obstacle course..ugh.

PMO came out with the dogs..it was awesome.


Explaining the different uniforms.

Presenting the colors.


I also heard the answer to what I had already thought to be true. Question was, "What is appropriate attire for the Marine Corps Ball?" The answer from protocal was, "A floor length gown is appropriate, not short."...so there ya go!








7 comments:

ines said...

I want to do a CAX Links...i just need to have time.

Anonymous said...

Oh How Cool!! I passed by the family readiness center on my way to update my DEERS information- they had my maiden name in the system instead of my married name and it was giving me a lot of problems-. I was thinking of going and stopping by there today or if Lance gets the day off Monday bringing him with me then. Should I e-mail my FRO or just show up and tell them I want to participate in some things and get more in to being active and learning about the Marine Corps?

USMCWIFE said...

Ines, You should do it, you would have a great time and meet some ladies. I know your busy but plan it out far enough and take the day off!
Reagan, I would suggest calling your FRO and telling her you would like to get involved and make an appointment to go up to talk to her. You can call MCCS and take all the volunteer training on your own, it is required anyhow and it's all free and it's fun. You don't need to have it to be a regular volunteer but I would say get an appointment as a volunteer so you can put it on your resume! Call MCCS and ask them what they have for Volunteer Training and sign up. I have to tell you its a great way to network and meet people.

ines said...

you better post lots and lots of pictures from the ball!!!

USMCWIFE said...

Ines..will do, I plan to take my good camera and get lots of pics!

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

Looks like a day of fun! We have done something similar in different units. They call them different things. Thanks for sharing this great day with us!

Anonymous said...

Τhank уou for anοther magnifiсent articlе.
Where elѕe could аnуbody get that kind οf info in such a peгfeсt way of writіng?

I have a presentаtіon subsеquent weеk, and
I am on the looκ for such іnfo.
Review my weblog :: broker authority