THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

DAY #3--Step Class

I made it !! Day 3. Despite losing my work-out partner and getting less than 5 hours of sleep I made it to the class. I know my partner wanted to come but she was sore, and so am I but she is smarter then me and decided to not stress her body too much. Me..I am a bit more hard headed and just decided to go, despite my body screaming for a break. Hopefully I will not be too crippled tomorrow. I didn't get a good nights sleep, not sure why but I just couldn't turn my brain off. Nothing is going on, just wheels spinning. So I went to Step class today and I did OK despite the soreness and exhaustion, not too shabby. I didn't make it through every exercise admittedly and the 3 minute cardio challenge, well lets just say we parted after the 1st minute expired, next week, maybe I will make 2 minutes ;). What I love most about the 9 am classes is that everyday they are different so I won't get bored and my body won't have time to adjust to the same old same old.
My hubs has been in the field since Monday and I miss him terribly, I really do. But it has been nice having something besides my loneliness to keep me company. Baby steps. You would think after 16 years of this I would be used to it. Do you ever really get used to it? Who besides myself thinks it actually gets worse? I don't pine, but I do feel the absence and it really leaves a void. I guess I am lucky because I married my best friend but it truly is a double edged sword...
But enough of that. Tomorrow is Abs, Glutes, and Core. Sounds scary! But I can't wait. I can't wait to tell you all about it!

3 comments:

ines said...

Heidi, thank you for your kind words. I just wanted to hear better words than, "we are staying in 29". I know I'm a downer when it comes to talking about 29, but I haven't had the experiences since getting here. He'll be going to one of the battalions.

Renee said...

Wonderful! You are keeping up with the workouts! I have begun a program and lost 11 pounds so far (looking to lose 20 more before Rich gets home for R&R). Girl, at 44 it is so hard but I keep getting up every morning at 4:30 to get to the gym! Keep going!

You know, my heart goes out to the younger spouses of Soldiers deployed or away in training..sometimes people think it's easier when you get older. It's not! Our kids are raised, we are more stable financially (hopefully) but the void is just horrible! Hang in there and know that I'm thinking of you!

USMCWIFE said...

Renee thank you as always for the kind words and encouragement, you always have been a great supporter. Yes, the older we get the harder it seems to be. Good for you for getting up so early that is motivation and great news on the 11 pounds, I have only lost about 4 but I will take it! Only 21 to go..lol Yes I agree with the seperations being harder, I have no distractions with my son off at college but I am really finding my footing. Know I think of you often as well.