THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Friday, October 22, 2010

Personal Observations...Before the Wars

I was sitting here thinking about something today..dangerous I know..lol. But really I was thinking about our lives in the military "before" 9/11 and our world and everyone elses was turned upside down.
I am not sure how many of my readers were Mil-Spouses before 9/11 but if you were you may know how I feel and if you weren't maybe someday you will. Before the wars we were a bit anonymous us military folks. No one seemed too much interested in us, or what our spouses did. No one would get up and "shake" my husbands hand when they would see him wearing a Marine Polo or t-shirt. There were no great out-reaches to make sure everyone was taken care of when they were in the field or on an operation. I'm not complaining mind you, but our Marines, Sailors and Soldiers and Airmen have always been out here, always putting themselves on the line for this country and always targets of terrorist ie, Beirut, Embassy's, Cole, I could go on. But no one seemed to notice. Seems to me since the Wars so many people have such a great interest in my husband, and his Marines and what they do and how they are and that is really great, it really is. The Department of Defense has now more than ever been concerned with our quality of life..thank you by the way. I just hope, when all is said and done and we bring the last of our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan that the country will not again forget that our bravest have been before and will be after, somewhere out it the world walking the post for them, for us. Just a thought.

1 comment:

Screech Owl said...

Hi. I just found your blog through another blog. I just want to say thank you for making an excellent point. I've often thought about the same thing. I think I'll become a follower on here. It's nice to read some depth on a blog. I'm sure you've noticed it's rare. :)