THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Friday, February 5, 2010


I’m joining in with Household 6 Diva for her Blizzard Bloghop! I’m excited to ”introduce” myself and “meet” some new bloggers!!
My name is Heidi and I am a brand new blogger, and have only been at it for about a month.
My first blog was basically a Here We Go type entry to finally jump in head first. I have been so encouraged by so many of my friends on twitter who write amazing blogs. I only hope to be half as good as them.
My Blog is titled Empty Nest, PCS and All the Rest because that is what I am facing in the coming months. All at once, a lot of life changes. My hope is that if I blog about it and share with those that read it will help me deal with it. I have PCS'd and I have dealt "with all the Rest" but the Empty Nest is the new life changer, the hardest one.
My husband and I have 1 child, a son. He is 17 and he is the our pride and joy. We consider ourselves the "3 musketeers" after living overseas for many years, from Asia, to Europe and to Africa and back to the best..the U.S. of A.
I was born and raised in Philadelphia, my father was a Marine killed in Vietnam when I was an infant. It is fair to say he was my first hero even though I never met him. My sister married a Marine and I married a man that was on his way to being one. No wonder, my son is going to ROTC with the Marine Option to be a Marine as well.
Well that is a brief introduction and as I blog more you will learn more about me and my wonderful family as we pack our bags for our next adventure and drive across this great country on our way to California. Stay tuned.......

10 comments:

Jennifer, A Self-Confessed Foodie said...

I'm visiting from the Blizzard Bloghop!

Wow, military service really does run in your family! Congratulations to your son on his upcoming graduation!

The Household 6 Diva said...

What a great introduction! And welcome to the Blog-o-sphere! :) I too have loved connecting with other wives and families through blogging! I look forward to reading your California moving adventures!

ps. I'm from PA too - Reading/Lancaster area! Small world!

USMCWIFE said...

Thank you ladies for the comments. I really am looking forward to reading all the wonderful blogs through this project!

Mominin said...

Hi! Nice to meet you! Off to check out the rest of your blog!

Katie F said...

I left you a little something over at my blog

Karen said...

I love your home page on your blog. I am just visiting from the blog hop. Welcome to the blogoshpere. You will meet some awesome women. Have a blessed day!

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

I'm stopping by from the Bloghop. Your father must have been an amazing man. You must be an incredibly strong woman as a result! Good luck with the PCS (and the empty nest.) We're a military family too.

Julie Danielle said...

Nice to learn a little more about you. Wow what a military legacy you come from :)

Mrs P said...

Hello from a fellow USMC wife!! I look forward to reading more!

USMCWIFE said...

Thank you for reading my blog!