THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Friday, February 26, 2010

FEARLESS FRIDAY







I wanted to share some pictures of my son of when he was a freshmen in High School. He had joined J.R.O.T.C. and he was so motivated. 1stSgt Wilson took the kids to the Marine Corps obstacle course on base and my husband and I were so worried since my son had a paralyzing fear of heights and we knew it would be a challenge. So without my son knowing my husband went and watched from behind a building the whole time. My son was so afraid, and it took him a long time to trust himself enough to jump but he finally did. Later that weekend my husband took my son back to the course and he stayed there with him for hours until he could do it with confidence. Now my sons philosophy is to "just do it". He truly understands the meaning of courage from that obstacle course. Courage doesn't mean you are without fear, it means you do something in spite of your fear...

3 comments:

Doug, USN Vet said...

I have a veteran health resource suggestion for your blog. Please email me at dkarr@maacenter.org. Thanks,

Doug, USN Veteran

Susanna said...

Congratulations to your son for being so brave and working so hard to overcome his fear.You guys are great parents!

USMCWIFE said...

Susanna
THank you for you kinds words.