THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just Checking In

Well haven't blogged in a bit so I thought I would stop in and just say hello! Been reading everyones blogs and they are all so good, I love reading and learning about all of you. If you stop by please leave a link to your blog so I can hop on over in case I missed it. As we drive cross country I will be reading a lot of them and I don't want to miss any great ones!
So this week has been eventful and uneventful all at the same time, strange I know. Have a few sick family members, one is OK now, one is going to be fighting for his life. Cancer is a mean and ugly thing, I really hope they can find a cure in my lifetime.
Well some good news, my son did come home with his yearbook this past week, and here he is as an "outstanding senior" and we couldn't be more proud.



My husband is now on his second week of leave, and we are enjoying it. I love that we have so much fun together and how we just laugh and enjoy one anothers company, even after all these years. It is nice to know that when our son is off to college we still have one another. Oh ya and the dog is loving having "dad" home..he is so much more fun than me.



Saturday my son has his last JROTC Ball, and than the following week he has his change of command. Last year my husband was in Afghanistan when my son was promoted to Cmdr so he missed it all but I am happy he will be here to see him turn the unit over. They do a really nice ceremony and you almost forget these are High School kids. I will be sharing the pics so stay tuned.

9 comments:

That One Girl said...

I'm so glad that your hubs is home to see your son turn things over. You have such a wonderful young man in your son! Good luck on your trek! One of my good friends just left for California yesterday. I'm going to miss her so very much. :-( I know that is life in the Marine Corps, but sometimes, it just seems so unfair. (Okay, maybe I'm being a bit selfish... *giggle*)

USMCWIFE said...

Thanks, that means a lot..didn't realize you had a blog..following now!

Renee said...

Congratulations to your son (Outstanding Senior)! Considering your husband is home on R&R...we've let you slid on the blogging ;o)
Enjoy your last week together!

USMCWIFE said...

Thanks Renee but we are actually having a whole month! We are getting ready to PCS and he took all his leave on this side. It's nice to have him home.

LCpl'sPrincess said...

can't wait to see pics from the ball! was that a jersey your son has on in one of the outstanding pics? what sport does he play? thats so funny, our dog thinks Josh is way more fun too!

USMCWIFE said...

I hope I get to see the pics from the ball..lol you know how teens are. He is wearing his Commanding Officer Polo from his NJROTC Unit, that is what takes all his time, he played all sports but has focused 100% on NJROTC. He is focusing on that 300 PFT Score for ROTC..he is so moto..

Roller Coaster said...

Congrats to your OUtstanding Senior! Enjoy the time with your husband while he's on leave!

ines said...

Congrats to your son!
I bet you are enjoying having you hubby around...I'm very happy for you :)

USMCWIFE said...

Thanks I really am enjoying the time!