THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Monday, September 6, 2010

Mil Spouse Friday Fill In #11


1. What is a weird/funny superstition that you have? (from A{muse}ing Mommy on a Pink Park Bench)

My grandmother was very superstitious; I think she passed most of them on to me. She thought eating coconut before bingo made you lucky (always searching for her Mounds Bar), and all kinds of crazy rituals. But the one that has stuck with me the longest was never crossing someone on the stairs, its bad luck you see. If someone is coming up and I am going down I will wait, and even if I am half down I will go back up..I just don’t do it. 2. What are your hopes and dreams for the years AFTER the military? After all, we aren’t in it forever! (from Stetsons, Spurs and Stilettos)

Not sure about that one, we have a few ideas. We still have about 6 years to 22 and my hubs may stay longer, depending on what he is doing at the time. If he is happy and still able to look out for Jr. Marines I think he might stay longer. But we are looking into the State Department after retirement, we love travel, living overseas and with no chirpies in the nest well we can do pretty much whatever.3. Since [this] month is National Apple Month (no really!), I’d probably ask: What is your yummiest apple recipe? (from NH Girl Displaced)Red Delicious Apples straight out of cold fridge is only way I will eat an apple.4. How long have you gone as a military spouse without talking to your husband/wife during service? (from A Navy Princess and Her Little Sailors)

Well it’s a toss up, when he went to Iraq in those early days he would have to stand in line for hours to use a phone so I think it was at least 2 weeks. But I am thinking last year in A-stan it was longer, can’t really remember, I just remember coms were horrible and he didn’t even have good writing tools. I got a post card written on piece of a card board box, couldn’t believe they delivered it!

5. I occasionally watch When I was 17… on MTV. So, what was something that was significant about your 17th year of life? (fromAshley Amazing)

Oh goodness. Well it was a while ago..so..hmmm. Probably the birth of my first nephew??? He’s now a W.O. in the Army and I helped take care of him since my sisters husband was on UDP (he was a Marine too. I was and still am very close to him.

No comments: