THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Saturday, April 3, 2010

National Military Family Association

For several years now there has been a great program for Military Kids and since this is the Month Of the Military Child I thought I would share this. If you haven't heard about Operation Purple I urge you to go to this site and check it out,

http://www.militaryfamily.org/our-programs/operation-purple/?ref=operationpurple.com&

Operation Purple is a free week long camp (sleep away) that brings together children of service members that have a parent deployed or who have had one deployed in the past. They try to accomodate as many children as they can. Many different camps participate, if you check you may find one close by that will be sponsoring one. I am not sure what the deadlines are, I think they are all different. My son has attended these camps twice and he had a fantastic time. It was great for him to be around peers and talk about his fears, and help others through theirs. Sometimes kids put on a brave face for their parents but in fact need to talk about somethings with kids their own ages that now what they are going through. Go to the site, check it out.

No comments: