Saturday, December 18, 2010
MilSpouse Friday Fill In
1. What is the best gift you have ever received or given? Well I think my favorite gift is actually attached to one of my favorite memories. When I was about 11 years old me and my cousin Gussy (we're Italian)were given calculators shaped like Mickey Mouse Faces. We thought they were the coolest things ever. Well we grew up in Philadelphia (in the same neighborhood the movie Rocky was filmed)and on Christmas day it was snowing. So we decided we had to have batteries for these calculators. The memory of she and I walking in what was a blizzard to go get batteries for calculators on Christmas day and her and I laughing all the way and in pure joy of a 9 and 11 year old will be with me forever. We didn't have an easy childhood so the memory of that day will always be with me and make me smile.
2. Do you celebrate holidays differently when your loved one is deployed/gone or do you keep tradition?The Christmas before last my hubs was in Iraq and it really was hard for us. We are like the 3 musketeers and with one of them gone it just didn't feel right to do anything. I remember on Christmas morning we skyped while we opened gifts and I really don't think we cared at all about those gifts just being able to see one another since skyping was a rare treat. Last year hubs came home from Aghanistan on Thanksgiving night at about 1130 and we didn't have turkey or anything but we all were happy later that night with bowl of Ramen and one another. When you spend holidays away from your loved one you really get it that it's not about the food and gifts but about the family. Nothing else really matters.
3. If you celebrate Christmas, do you put an angel, star or something else on the top of your tree? It has changed over the years but in recent years it has been an angel.
4. What are your three favorite websites? Facebook, Twitter, and Enlisted Spouse
5. On your man do you prefer... boxers, briefs or boxer briefs? Or commando?
What about thongs? Well I like boxer briefs but my hubs lives in green silkies, my fellow Marine Wives you know what I am talking about, those little green silkie PT shorts for those of you who don't. Apparently while in theater and in the field the silkies are preferred for "dropping trou" in my hubs words not mine. lol