THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oldie But Goodie....

This is easily one of my favorite pics of the hubs and me. It was taken in Africa at our ball quite a few years ago when we were on MSG duty. It was before my hubs had his PRK and still wore his glasses. It was taken by my BFF Robyn, and I think she just really captured the essence of "us". My husband looks at me like I am the only women in the room, always has and still does. I love this man completely, with every cell in my body. He has never said one single mean word to me, he has never in anyway disrespected me and he has taught me one thing I know for sure, love does not make you feel bad.....period. I have had previous relationships, I know what I used to think what love was...boy was I wrong. I don't know what I have done to deserve the love this man shows me everyday, after more then 16 years there isn't a second in the day that when I think of him my heart doesn't swell with love. His love for me and mine for him. I am a lucky girl, and this love is more than I could have ever of wished for myself. Thank you love of my life for letting me be me, for loving me even when I am having a hard time loving myself. Thank you for showing me that there is good in the world, and for modeling that for our son so one day his wife will feel like the luckiest girl in the world too. Thank you for showing me that I can do whatever I put my mind too and supporting all my crazy ideas and for teaching me that I can take care of myself but for wanting to take care of me yourself.

“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”
Roy Croft




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE this picture! He most certainly does look at you with love and affection. You snagged a god one and what an endearing tale! Thanks for sharing- this made my night <3

ines said...

this post made me teary ♥. its absolutely beautiful picture of the two of you!

USMCWIFE said...

Thank you ladies for the awesome comments. I came across the picture when I was going through old ball pics and it really made my day. I was happy to share and happy your took the time to read it.
Heidi

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

Beautiful! The words and the pictures!

USMCWIFE said...

Thanks Nadine. Your the best!