THe Harting Family

THe Harting Family

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Unexpected Finds

Hi Everyone!! I know bad blogger. I have been reading all your blogs and enjoying them as often as I can. Nothing like sitting down with a cup of coffee and catching up on all your bloggy goodness.
I have found myself really distracted these days, for those of you that have been following my blog you know we have been dealing with, going through, suffering through, holding our breath through.....deployment. The good news is we are XX amount of days from homecoming!! I couldn't be happier for everyone of us.
One thing I do know for sure about deployment is you never really stop learning and having new experiences as a person alone with your thoughts, a lot. I had a lot of eye opening moments this deployment. I learned what true Grace was by seeing a woman and a mother carry herself in a way I didn't even know possible at the loss of her husband. I thought I knew the true meaning of Grace, I was wrong. I feel blessed to have been witness to it and have it become part of what inspires me as a mother and a wife.
I have seen friendships tested, some have failed miserably and some have blossomed in a way that more then makes up for those that failed. Some lessons (especially at my age) you think you have learned, only to realize that basically some life lessons are garbage in and garbage out, and need to be re-learned.
The good thing about re-learning a lesson is you see it through more mature lenses...and reminds you to keep focus on the things that are truly important.
I have gained a few very close friendships through all of this that I have no doubt will last longer then this duty station, and I will be in touch with these woman for a long time.
So....stay tuned for some happy news coming soon and pics!! Happy Days are right around the corner.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

So glad to hear homecoming is in your near future, but when a homecoming comes that means another deployment happens. While your husband is coming home, mine will be deploying shorty. I hope to learn so much from this deployment. It's reassuring to see that people grow so much during a deployment and gain the strength to get through it.

Congrats on your soon to be homecoming

Renee said...

I am so happy that the deployment is just about over for you and your husband. You, my friend, have shown incredible strength and grace yourself throwout this time that your husband has been deployed. Your strength has been an encouragement.

USMCWIFE said...

Renee,
As always thank you so much for your kind words, as always you say the nicest thing when I needed it the most...